March 27-30, 2018
Class will meet each day from 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM.
Holiday Inn Express
445 International Center Drive Sandston, VA 23150
The hotel is located at the southeast corner of the intersection of I-64 and S. Airport Road in Richmond, Virginia.
$109.00 plus tax (includes breakfast). Contact the Holiday Inn at 804-236-1111 directly to secure your lodging. Mention Virginia Association of Surveyors when booking your room. The cutoff date for the VAS rate is March, 20 2018.
• Before March 1: $525 per person
• After March 1: $575 per person
Class Fee excludes overnight lodging & dinner. Class fee includes continental breakfast, daily lunches, two breaks
per day and handouts. Class size is limited. Please make your reservation early!!!! Registration deadline: 3/20/2018.
Topics to be covered in the Exam Review Class
Basic Survey Math Review - Computing Coordinates - Conventional Traverse Computations - Taping Corrections - Error Sources - Horizontal & Vertical Curves – Spirals - Colonial States Boundary Law - Public Lands - Predetermined Area - Riparian Rights - Types of Conveyances - Legal Descriptions - Procedures for performing a boundary survey - APELSCIDLA Board Standards of Practice and plat & description requirements - Boundary Evidence and Legal Principle - Basics of Geodesy - GPS and The Virginia HARN Network - Virginia State Plane Coordinates & Higher Order Control - Chesapeake Bay Preservation Act & Stormwater Management - Land Surveyor Drainage Review (runoff coefficients & time of concentration ( tc)), Rational Method, Culverts, Ditches and more).
• Yeoanny Venetsanos - LS (VA), CMS, GISP, Prince William County, Prince William, Virginia, Instructor, NVA Apprenticeship Program
• Lisa Goodwin– LS (VA) VIKA Virginia, LLC, Tysons, VA.
• Danny Williams - LS (VA) VDOT Hampton Roads District Survey Manager, Suffolk, VA
• Larry C. Brownley, LS(b) – NXL Construction Services, Inc., Richmond, VA
• Douglas Potts, LS(b), VA, Dominion Power, Richmond, VA
To print and mail registration form Click here.
If you have specific class questions, please contact Chip Richardson, Education Chairman at firstname.lastname@example.org