March 31-April 3, 2020
Class will meet each day from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Hilton Garden Inn - Richmond Airport
441 International Center Drive Sandston, VA 23150
The hotel is located at the southeast corner of the intersection of I-64 and S. Airport Road in Richmond, Virginia.
$119.00 plus tax (includes breakfast). Contact the Hilton Garden Inn at 804-222-3338 directly to secure your lodging. Mention Virginia Association of Surveyors when booking your room. The cutoff date for the VAS rate is March, 13 2020.
• Before March 13: $500 per person
• After March 13: $550 per person
Class Fee excludes overnight lodging & dinner. Class fee includes continental breakfast, daily lunches, two breaks
per day and handouts. Class size is limited. Please make your reservation early!!!! Registration deadline: March 25, 2019.
Topics to be covered in the Exam Review Class
Basic Survey Math Review, Computing Coordinates, Conventional Traverse Computations, Taping Corrections, Error Sources, Horizontal & Vertical Curves, Spirals, Colonial States Boundary Law, Public Lands, Predetermined Area, Riparian Rights, Types of Conveyances, Legal Descriptions. Procedures for performing a boundary survey, APELSCIDLA Board Standards of Practice and plat & description requirements, Boundary Evidence and Legal Principles, Basics of Geodesy, GPS and The Virginia Harn Network, Virginia State Plane Coordinates & Higher Order Control, Chesapeake Bay Preservation Act & Stormwater Management, Land Surveyor Drainage Review (Runoff coefficients & Tc, Rational Method, Culverts, Ditches and more).
• Yeoanny Venetsanos - LS (Va), CMS, GISP, Prince William County, Prince William, Virginia, Instructor, NVA Apprenticeship Program
• Lisa Goodwin - LS (Va), VIKA Virginia, LLC, Tysons, Va
• Douglas Potts - LS(b), Dominion Power, Richmond, Va
• Larry C. Brownley - LS(b) – Draper Aden Associates., Newport News, Va
• Jan W. Briede' -, PHD, Virginia Department of Environmental Quality, Richmond, Va
To print and mail registration form Click here.
If you have specific class questions, please contact Chip Richardson, Education Chairman at firstname.lastname@example.org