2019 VAS Annual Convention Plat Contest
Tuesday, December 18, 2018
Posted by: Chris Jensen
Are you proud of the work you do or proud of the work your firm does? Well here’s your chance to show the world (or at least everyone who attends the 2019 VAS Convention) your best survey plats!
Contest rules are as follows:
1. Freehand and machine or computer drafted maps and plats completed after 6/30/17 are eligible for entry. Previously entered maps or plats will be disqualified, and no more than two entries per category will be considered.
2. The maps or plats submitted can be black and white (halftone/shaded), blueline or color prints.
3. Maximum map size is 34” X 44”. Submissions must be a single drawing. They may originate as a set but each entry must be entered as a single sheet.
4. Categories are: Subdivision Plats, Boundary/Cadastral Maps, Topographic Maps, ALTA/NSPS Survey Maps, Miscellaneous Maps. Please mark “For Plat Contest Only” and the category for which you are entering the plat on the bottom right margin of the drawing.
5. Each firm or may enter up to 6 drawings for $40.
All first and second place winners will be awarded a plaque and first place winners will be submitted to the NSPS National Plat Contest. VAS has previously had first and second place national winners.
Please submit entries to VAS at 10340 Democracy Lane, Suite 300, Fairfax, VA 22030, by April 24th, 2019.
Arrangements can also be made with Khea Adams (firstname.lastname@example.org) to bring drawings to the convention.
Questions? Contact Chris Jensen (email@example.com) or Khea Adams.
Don’t delay- Take pride in your work and submit today!